“The wedding of husband and wife in heart, body, and mind is intended by God for their mutual joy; for the help and comfort given one another in prosperity and adversity; and, when it is God’s will, for the procreation of children and their nurture in the knowledge and love of the Lord. Therefore, marriage is not to be taken lightly. Instead, marriage should be deliberate, and in accordance with the purposes for which it was instituted by God. (The Book of Common Prayer‘s “Celebration and Blessing of a Marriage”.)
Plans for an Upcoming Wedding!
More importantly, we wish (and pray!) for qualities like faithfulness, wisdom, and patience for your upcoming marriage. Not just for the special one-day event, but throughout a long and happy life together.
A Church Wedding in the Dallas area
Yes, we plan and host nuptial celebrations as a part of our mission and ministry in the DFW area. If you desire to begin your married life within the traditions and vows of a centuries-old Christian liturgy, we would like to meet with you and compare notes.
Episcopal Parish Guidelines:
- At a minimum, the bride or groom should be a Christian.
- There should exist a genuine connection with our Episcopal Parish. In other words, the church cares about its parishioners.
- There are some common sense stylistic choices in keeping with a church setting, as opposed to a theme-based destination party.
- Expect several conversations with the Bride and Groom to prepare for both the wedding and the everlasting marriage. (In case of requested remarriage after divorce, we ask for a little extra time to ensure all family issues are as healthy as possible, following our bishop’s policies.)
- We welcome the opportunity for the bride and groom to visit and tour our Episcopal Church and its grounds. For weddings, we enjoy a choice among three sites: Inside at our main altar; inside at our rear “chapel” altar; and outside in a beautiful garden adjacent to the church. (The chapel and garden settings work for small to medium-sized groups.) Also, when appropriate, our clergy sometimes can officiate at a wedding off-site as pre-arranged.
We always are happy to discuss options. Especially when a couple or family recognizes the benefits of becoming part of an Episcopal Faith community, beyond the wedding and through the joys and challenges of life! The best “destination wedding” is a wedding with the intended destination of a life-long union in “heart of body, and mind” – all grounded in the love of Jesus Christ. Please also consider that the Church of the Apostles has beautiful grounds and a garden area called Patrick’s Place. The following picture depicts the beauty of Patrick’s Place.
The beautiful gardens of Patrick’s Place at the Church of the Apostles will make magic moments of a wedding remembered forever.
With a gorgeous fountain in the rocks of Patrick’s Place surrounded by Roses, crape myrtle trees, and azalea bushes, memories of a wedding will last a lifetime.
Picture the wedding reception against a gorgeous background to celebrate the union of husband and wife. If this sounds like a next desired step, we would love to hear from you!