“The union of husband and wife in heart, body, and mind is intended by God for their mutual joy; for the help and comfort given one another in prosperity and adversity; and, when it is God’s will, for the procreation of children and their nurture in the knowledge and love of the Lord. Therefore, marriage is not to be entered into lightly, Instead marriage should be deliberate, and in accordance with the purposes for which it was instituted by God.” (from the Book of Common Prayer‘s “Celebration and Blessing of a Marriage”).
All good wishes if you have plans for an upcoming wedding!
More importantly, we wish (and pray!) for qualities like faithfulness, wisdom and patience for your upcoming marriage. Not just for the special one-day event, but throughout a long and happy life together.
Are you considering a church wedding in the Dallas area?
Yes, we plan and host nuptial celebrations as a part of our mission and ministry in the DFW area. If you desire to begin you married life within the traditions and vows of a centuries-old Christian liturgy, we would be happy to compare notes.
As an Episcopal parish, we do live under a few simple guidelines:
- At a minimum, either the bride or groom should be Christian (both is fine!).
- There should be a genuine connection with our parish. In other words, we prefer to simply not “rent the church” for a wedding.
- There are some common sense stylistic choices in keeping with a church setting, as opposed to a theme-based destination party.
- Expect several conversations to prepare for both the wedding and the marriage. (In case of requested remarriage after divorce, we ask for a little extra time to ensure all family issues are as healthy as possible, following our bishop’s policies.)
- We welcome the opportunity for you to visit and tour our physical plant! For weddings, we enjoy a choice among three sites: inside at our main altar, inside at our rear “chapel” altar, and outside in a beautiful garden adjacent to the church. (The chapel and garden settings work for small to medium sized groups.) Also, when appropriate, our clergy sometimes can officiate at a wedding off site as pre-arranged.
We always are happy to discuss options. Especially when a couple or family recognizes the benefits of becoming part of a faith community, beyond the wedding and through the joys and challenges of life! The best “destination wedding” is a wedding with the intended destination of a life-long union in “heart, body, and mind” – all grounded in the love of Jesus Christ.
Please also consider that The Church of the Apostles has beautiful grounds and a garden area called Patrick’s Place. Besides being married at the Altar in the Church, the following picture presents how lovely Patrick’s Place truly is.
The beautiful gardens of Patrick’s Place at the Church of the Apostles will make the magic moments of a wedding remembered forever.
With a gorgeous fountain in the rocks of Patrick’s Place surrounded by Roses, crape myrtle trees and azalea bushes and birds singing, your wedding will be a memorial one to last for a lifetime.
Picture the wedding reception against a gorgeous background to celebrate the union of husband and wife. If this sounds like your next desired step, we would love to hear from you!