The Church of the Apostles would like to thank all of our parishioners in Dallas, TX, who come to pray with us each week.
Dallas, TX, is the third-largest city in Texas and the ninth-largest in the United States. Dallas and Fort Worth comprise the DFW Metroplex. This comprises the largest metropolitan area in the South and fourth-largest metropolitan area in the United States. The city’s population in 2010 was approximately 1.2 million for Collin, Dallas, Denton, Kaufman and Rockwall counties, The city is the largest economic center of the 12-county metropolitan area that, according to the March 2010 U.S. Census Bureau release, had a population of roughly 6.5 million as of July 2009.
The Dallas Metroplex economy maintains the sixth largest in the United States, with a 2010 gross metropolitan product of $374 billion.
We support our bishop, The Rt. Rev. George Sumner of the Episcopal Diocese of Dallas. Bishop Sumner leads the Episcopal Diocese of Dallas with approximately 70 parishes within our geographical borders that reach north to Oklahoma, east to Arkansas, south to Corsicana and west to Tarrant County. We are part of the Episcopal Church and the Anglican Communion.
- As Episcopalians, we are followers of Jesus Christ, our Lord, and we believe in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We strive to love our neighbors as ourselves and respect the dignity of every person.
- The Episcopal Church is part of the worldwide Anglican Communion and traces its heritage to the beginnings of Christianity.
- Our liturgy retains ancient structure and traditions and translated in many languages.
- Both men and women, including those married are eligible for ordination as deacons, priests and bishops.
- We believe in amendment of life, the forgiveness of sin, and life everlasting.
- Lay people exercise a vital role in the governance and ministry of our church.
- All Baptized Christians are eligible to receive Holy Communion in the Episcopal Church.
- We uphold the Bible and worship with the Book of Common Prayer.
- All are welcome to find a spiritual home our diocese
We are deeply blessed with many members and we invite all Episcopalians and Christians in the the area to join us.