The Church of the Apostles would like to thank those who come from Denton, Texas to worship with us.
As of the 2010 United States Census, its population consisted of 113,383, making it the 27th most populous city in Texas and the 11th-largest city in the Dallas–Fort Worth Metroplex.
A Texas land grant led to the formation of Denton County in 1846, and the city incorporated in 1866. Both City and County were named after pioneer and Texas militia captain John B. Denton. The arrival of a railroad line in the city in 1881 spurred population. The establishment of the University of North Texas in 1890, and Texas Woman’s University in 1901 distinguished the city from neighboring regions. After the construction of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport finished in 1974, the city saw more rapid growth. As of 2011, this city was the seventh-fastest growing city with a population over 100,000 in the country.
Denton, located on the north end of the Dallas–Fort Worth Metroplex in North Texas on Interstate 35 attracts residents from all over the Metroplex. The cities Arts and Jazz Festival, and Music Festival attract over 300,000 people to the city each year. The city experiences hot, humid summers and relatively few extreme weather events. The city maintains a nonpartisan city council. Numerous county and state departments maintain offices in the city. There exist over 45,000 students enrolled at the two universities located within its city limits. Denton has become characterized as a college town. As a result of the universities’ growth, educational services play a large role in the city’s economy. Residents often choose the County Transportation Authority, which provides commuter rail and bus service to the area.
Therefore, we are deeply blessed with many members. We invite all Episcopalians and Christians in the Denton, Texas area to join us.